[TUHS] SNOBOL and progeny [Was: Re: Re: Line Numbers Before SysIII nl? BSD num?]

Dave Plonka dave at plonka.us
Sat Jul 30 01:37:38 AEST 2022

SNOBOL influenced Dick Haight's bs(1) programming language which
includes some SNOBOL features, a replacement, written in C, for Ken
Thompson's bas(1) BASIC implementation, written in assembly language.

bs (programming language)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bs_(programming_language)

BS: a mysterious Unix programming language!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELICIa3L22o

Although I know of no applications written in bs(1), it remains to
this day in licensed System V Unix variants such as HP-UX and AIX.

Peace,
Dave

--

dave at plonka.us  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~plonka/