[TUHS] forgotten versions

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Wed Jun 22 10:13:11 AEST 2022

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 05:56:02PM -0600, Jacob Moody wrote:
> I recently stumbled across the existence of datakit
> when going through the plan9foundation source archives.
> Would be curious to hear more about its involvement
> with plan9.

Pretty sure datakit predated Plan 9, didn't Greg Chesson work on that?
He was my mentor at SGI, my memory is datakit was sort of early on in
his career and then he did XTP, which nobody knows about but I believe
is still used by the military.

Unless the early Bell Labs datakit and the Plan 9 datakit are different
things.