[TUHS] "9 skills our grandkids won't have" - Is this a TUHS topic?

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Jun 30 23:14:20 AEST 2022

What are the 1970’s & 1980’s Computing / IT skills “our grandkids won’t have”?

Whistling into a telephone while the modem is attached, because your keyboard has a stuck key
	 - something I absolutely don’t miss.

Having a computer in a grimy wharehouse with 400 days of uptime & wondering how a reboot might go?

steve j

=========

9 Skills Our Grandkids Will Never Have
	<https://blog.myheritage.com/2022/06/9-skills-our-grandkids-will-never-have/>

	1: Using record players, audio cassettes, and VCRs
	2: Using analog phones 							[ or an Analog Clock ]
	3. Writing letters by hand and mailing them
	4. Reading and writing in cursive
	5. Using manual research methods 				[ this is a Genealogy site ]
	6. Preparing food the old-fashioned way
	7. Creating and mending clothing
	8. Building furniture from scratch
	9. Speaking the languages of their ancestors

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design
0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)

mailto:sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au http://members.tip.net.au/~sjenkin