[TUHS] Memory on Lion's v6

Andrew Hume andrew at humeweb.com
Tue Mar 1 09:27:04 AEST 2022

the actual configuration of Lions’ PDP 11/40 was
	128 Kbytes of core memory,
	a DJ11 terminal multiplexor and
	three RK05 disc units each,

but note that because of the way the machines were bought,
and because of addressing weirdness (the top 8KB were memory-mapped to I/O registers),
Lions’ PDP actually had 112KB of main memory.
the PDP 11/40 had 18bits of address space, so while processes were limited
to 64KB, the system could have had 256KB.