[TUHS] Documenter's Workbench versions

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Sun Mar 13 15:24:40 AEST 2022

On Sun, Mar 06, 2022 at 06:02:44PM -0700, Kevin Bowling wrote:
> I am reading some UNIX text processing books and am interested in the
> lineage of Documenter's Workbench.

Ozan Yigit just gave me a copy of DWB 1.0 to add to the Unix Archive:

https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Applications/Documenters_Workbench

   I have a complete distro of dwb. was obtained by me while I was at the
   Dept. of Computer Science at York University to drive our Imagen laser
   printer. The content is simply man pages and sources.

   Nothing else was included in the tape. (no long copyright notice etc).
   Whatever paperwork we had filled to get the tape probably lost in the
   paper clippings of time.

   The files indicate this is "DOCUMENTER'S WORKBENCH 1.0". The file dates
   are from 1986, but I don't recall when we actually requested the tape.

Cheers, Warren