[TUHS] First Unix-like OSes not derived from AT&T code?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:08:29 AEST 2022

in terms of rewrites from manuals, while it was not the first, as I
understand it, AIX was an example of "read the manual, write the
code."

Unlike Coherent, it had lots of cases of things not done quite right.
One standout in my mind was mkdir -p, which would return an error if
the full path existed. oops.

But it was pointed out to me that Condor had all kinds of code to
handle AIX being different from just about everything else.