[TUHS] Early Unix and Keyboard Skills

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Wed Nov 2 22:13:52 AEST 2022

steve jenkin wrote in
 <E212D205-B786-4441-A95B-B5F5546B5C6C at canb.auug.org.au>:
 |I’ve never heard anyone mention keyboard skills with the people of \
 |the CSRC - doesn’t anyone know?

What i personally find more fascinating (given that -- in the
right condition -- i type pretty fast even in total darkness but
darkest possible monitor brightness) is the multitaskability some
show, in respect to combination of mouse and keyboard (or even
dual-mouse if i remember a message of Rob Pike right).  I once
watched a video on the google tube of Russ Cox dancing acme doing
go testing, could be it is [1].  When he starts to actually work
a bit (late on iirc), that is thrilling, i could never select /
paste (kill snarf yank what do i know) that fast.

  [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP1xVpMPn8M

--steffen