[TUHS] early Unix papers, from Jim Joyce

Grant Taylor via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Tue Nov 8 08:16:24 AEST 2022

On 11/6/22 4:56 PM, Rich Morin wrote:
> However, as a small step along the way, I opened up the box and
> produced a rough list of the contents (see below).  When I noticed
> version or date information, I noted it, but many of the documents
> are missing that sort of thing.  So, YMMV.

Thank you very much for the list.  The provided details and your care to
separate things is appreciated.

> P.S.  Careful Reader may notice a strong emphasis on text processing
> in this collection.  Jim's research interests included the use of
> computers to analyze Middle English poetry.  For example, the rhyme
> schemes allowed him to clarify the pronunciation of certain words.

I noticed that.

I also noticed that I would very much like to spend some (upcoming) cold
winter days with tea reading many of these papers.

I'd be happy to help contribute to get these papers somewhere to be
scanned & shared.  Sadly I don't know how to go about doing the scanning
myself.

I'll contribute at least $10 toward getting these papers somewhere to be
scanned.

My efforts to scan front & back covers of my books doesn't scale to
scanning, much less OCRing, books.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die