[TUHS] Attempting To Build NOSC and BBN UNIXs + ARPANET code

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Fri Oct 14 21:55:54 AEST 2022

Maybe I’m dim, but I’ve lost track in this discussion of what is missing / corrupted.

sys4.c: I think this is available in BBN V6:
https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-V6/ken <https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-V6/ken>
In this file the only real network addition is Jack Haverty’s user timer variable, I think. What else is missing?

imp11a.c: available in two versions here:
https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-V6/dmr <https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-V6/dmr>

impio.c: available here:
https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-V6/ncpkernel/impio.c <https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-V6/ncpkernel/impio.c>

Maybe the compiler has a different opinion, but they don’t look obviously corrupted [??]

Also, the BBN-VAX files may be a solution. BBN sent four tapes with snap shots to CSRG in 1981. The TUHS website has the newest version, but there are 3 older ones (all 4 come from Kirk McKusick’s DVD set). They all have a slightly different set of files. These tapes also have IMP and ACC drivers in them, along with a token ring driver that was apparently based on Noel’s work back in the day. These files may also help filling in blank spots in PDP11 files.

Paul