[TUHS] who invented the link register

Marc Donner marc.donner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 06:05:41 AEST 2022

There was a guy at IBM research who had a patent framed on his wall that he
claimed was for indirect addressing.  Sadly, I don't remember his name.
I'll ask Peter Capek if he remembers who it was.

On the other hand, I'm now reading a book called "Turing's Cathedral" that
goes into considerable length talking about what is essentially indirect
addressing in the context of the evolution of the Von Neumann model and its
limitations.
=====
nygeek.net
mindthegapdialogs.com/home <https://www.mindthegapdialogs.com/home>