[TUHS] Will someone update the 386BSD Wikipedia page for me?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Sun Sep 11 09:24:57 AEST 2022

On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 11:12:01 -0600, The UNIX Heritage Society wrote:
> On 9/10/22 4:32 AM, David Arnold wrote:
>> I imagine it was simply a mistake.
>
> I naively assumed it was an off-by-one / fat-finger / typo intending to
> type seventeen.
>
> A slightly modified, nicer, form of the common quote:  Never attribute
> to malice that which is adequately explained by mistake.

This is pretty much Hanlon's razor
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor):

  never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
  stupidity

Does anybody know if the Robert Hanlon to which the saying was
attributed was the Bob Hanlon that I knew at Tandem?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php