[TUHS] UNIX "Machine Layer" Standards

Steve Nickolas usotsuki at buric.co
Fri Apr 21 06:18:37 AEST 2023

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023, segaloco via TUHS wrote:

> Anywho, I'm kinda at a standstill on this project right now while I work
> on a few other things, namely a disassembly of Dragon Quest for the
> Famicom (embedded console games are a lot like operating systems) and
> manual page diffing stuff, but I'm hoping to carve out some time this
> summer, maybe even a little coding retreat from work for a few weeks, to
> hammer out a true project plan on paper so I can start working on more
> of this in earnest.  I'm not sure yet if I'll be headed down the "get
> UNIX going" or "get my kernel going" route first when I get there, but
> either way, I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about in the coming year.

Funny you mention Dragon Warrior, that's been something that's breaking my
brain from two different directions lately (since I'm trying to port it to
the Apple //e and the Nabu, and I'm completely in the weeds for both). XD

I haven't worked much on my own Unix stuff lately because the Nabu stuff's
taken a lot of my brainpower.

-uso.