[TUHS] 3bsd tape image

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Aug 4 14:41:28 AEST 2023

On Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 6:13 PM Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is this the only bootable 3bsd distribution tape we have?
>

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsd42/files/Install%20tapes/3%20BSD/3bsd.tap.bz2/download
>
> I don't like the idea that sourceforge is the only source, the provenance
> is unclear and I'm just not a big fan of how sourceforge handles downloads
> generally.
>
> I've found tarballs, but not tapes on TUHS.

The TUHS stuff matches what we have on Kirk's CDs.

And it looks like one could build a boot tape from what's in sys in the
tarball.  It has the usual standalone files that look like V7 files.

There's usr/man/man8/sysgen.8

sysgen \- UNIX system generation from the distribution tape

I've not tried to grab that tape to see if it has the same bits as in the
archive.

Warner