[TUHS] emacs

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Sat Aug 5 14:09:59 AEST 2023

Gosling Emacs had a very handy "make the following sequence of commands a
macro" feature which I used to do stupid fix ups to text files cross file.
Things like "find every line which starts with x.. back up two lines and
fix something else y and insert z, then save the file and go onto the next
one"

People laughed at me pointing to much better tools (spitbol?, sed?) But
sometimes the hammer you have smashes those delicate screws into the watch
case just beautifully quickly. If somewhat crudely.

I liked teco. It's in the freebsd ports tree as an uplift to c I believe.