[TUHS] Compatibility question

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Sun Dec 17 18:08:59 AEST 2023

> > I have tried vt100, vt100-am, vt100-nam and none
> > work as expected.
> >
> > -Ken
>

> I have a long-ago recollection that using vt100 had rendering issues with emacs, but vt102 was fine. Maybe worth a shot?

I'll hopefully be able to offer up hardware confirmation in a week...secured a VT100 for a reasonable price due to missing keyboard...and I happen to have one such keyboard.  Ken your images run fine on my install of SimH VAX-11/780 so I'll try and serial that machine straight out to the VT100 once I've got it setup.  Fwiw I hopped in vi a few times to build a few sample programs and didn't run into any issues, this is with TERM=vt100, and the enclosing xterm is not 80x24 currently, half a screen in dwm (although naturally the vi window in SimH is the right size.)

- Matt G.