[TUHS] Trying to compile cron

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Fri Dec 29 12:27:12 AEST 2023

If you're building on SVR3, cd /usr/src/cmd/cron && make -f cron.mk should suffice, all four variations on SVR3 sources I have have a cron.mk included.

Curiously, my SVR3.2 for 3B2 sources are missing elm.c and some other bits, and actually wouldn't build, if you've specifically snagged SVR3.2, you might try sources from another revision, if we pulled from the same source you're probably also missing elm.c in that specific revision. There's also an M68k version of SVR3.1 floating around out there somewhere that appears to have the necessary bits, I can't imagine there's anything platform specific in cron.

Finally, there's always good old "grep -r 'el_add' /usr/src" and "find /usr/src -name elm.c"

Best of luck!

- Matt G.