[TUHS] Proper use of TUHS (was Re: Typesetter C compiler)

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sat Feb 4 00:15:40 AEST 2023

On Fri, Feb 03, 2023 at 09:11:35AM -0500, Chet Ramey wrote:
> On 2/2/23 8:44 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>
> >>So, the question becomes: what _is_ that forum, if such a thing exists
> >>at all?
> >
> >A new list?  Social media is for the birds; Usenet is dead, film at 11.
>
> A new list, if it serves its purpose of providing interesting content, will
> eventually undergo the same thing. It's always going end up being some
> variant of Yogi Berra's famous "nobody goes there anymore, it's too
> crowded."

In my opinion, Warren has been threading the needle nicely.  He lets stuff
go into the weeds a bit but has a pretty good sense of when it is annoying
people that we all want to keep around.  He's very understated about it
all but he keeps this list pretty sane.

If you haven't joined COFF, maybe consider it, if that got big enough
then the other stuff could be done over there.