[TUHS] project athena (was Re: Setting up an X Development Environment for Mac OS)

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sun Feb 12 00:48:32 AEST 2023

On Sat, Feb 11, 2023 at 02:51:55PM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/opusSystems/32k/800-00237-000_Opus_100pm_User_Manual_1987.pdf

That gave me the best "feel" for what it was like.  Still would like to
hear from someone that ran on this on a day to day basis.  It looks
pretty cool but either it happened a little too late for me (by 1987
I was working for Lachman porting Unix to the ETA-10 and I was running
on Sun3/50 as my desktop and Sun3/260 as the file server) or I missed
it.

I owned an AT&T Unix PC in college (I think, or I used Rob Netzer's
but I think we had 2 of them) and it would be interesting to know
how the 320xx on an AT stacked up against that.