[TUHS] X Windows System Design Principles, a lecture by Jim Gettys

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:23:13 AEST 2023

On 2/23/23 6:10 PM, Kevin Bowling wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdmNHM9BKY0
Nice. It's fun to see the dual monitor CRT setup - gives me flashbacks
to when I dropped on on my leg. Thankfully, we're doing LEDs and whatnot
these days, no big whoop dropping them on your leg and the missing
laserbeams gotta be healthier. Thanks for the timely post. I've been
studying X of late and was wondering what a Dec windows setup looked
like compared to Motif and twm which are available still. I remember
liking Sun's WM, but it's been ages (1995-1996) since I used it. I see
he was rockin' the fuschia yuck, techies shouldn't be allowed to set
colors. I don't think the Sun had color, or if it did, it was pretty
tame - shades of muted tones or something.

-will