[TUHS] Generational development [was Re: Re: Early GUI on Linux]

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Tue Feb 28 17:59:55 AEST 2023

As Dan said, this is nuanced.

While I'm sure there's lots of mediocre programmers writing mediocre code,
(a) there probably always has been [think COBOL on mainframes] and (b)
it is not universal. I have generally been fortunate to find interesting
and challenging work in a fairly long career; there's lots of interesting
problems out there that need solving which can't be dealt with by just
stringing together existing class libraries using an IDE on autopilot.
You have to look for it, and then hope you're qualified enough that they'll
hire you.

HTH,

Arnold