[TUHS] A few comments on porting the Bourne shell

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Thu Jan 5 23:22:10 AEST 2023

Jon Steinhart <jon at fourwinds.com> writes:

> Wow!  Small programs that do one thing and do it well connected together to
> do more complicated things?  What an awesome idea :-)

*grin*

Sometimes people call it "screen scraping", and seem to think it's wrong
to desire parseable output from commands.  I like to point them at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0&t=358

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay