[TUHS] The death of general purpose computers, was - AIX moved into maintainance mode

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:33:29 AEST 2023

On 1/19/23 10:59 AM, Bakul Shah wrote:
> I wonder if the era of general purpose computers will
> survive.
Provocative! I too wonder this and if the end of personalized
computation is going the way of the dodo bird along with it. Is the
future coming where I will only be allowed to run approved applications
on my device (via something like an App store or somesuch)? I sure hope
not, but it seems to be where we're headed. The good news being that
those apps will be curated (not censored, right?) to just be good for me.