[TUHS] AIX moved into maintainance mode

Chet Ramey chet.ramey at case.edu
Fri Jan 20 05:44:57 AEST 2023

On 1/19/23 1:24 PM, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 04:02:18PM +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
>> ChromeBooks outsold Mac in the USA in 2017, and worldwide by 2020.
>> (Sales have fallen off a cliff since the pandemic, but that's because
>> so many people have one and are happy with it, I think.)
>
> I think you need to s/people/schools/ on that statement. Education really ramped
> in that time frame to get every student a chromebook.

I was on the school board during that period, including where we offered a
hybrid learning model during covid, and I can confirm we did. But having
committed to that policy, you have to keep purchasing for every incoming
freshman class (or wherever you start), especially if you let the kids keep
them when they graduate.

Chet

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet at case.edu    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/