[TUHS] The era of general purpose computing (Re: AIX moved into maintainance mode

Luther Johnson luther at makerlisp.com
Sun Jan 22 04:43:25 AEST 2023

Yes, I know, but some of that SW development is being automated ... I'm
not saying it will totally go away, but the numbers will become smaller,
and the number of people who know how to do it will become smaller, and
the quality will continue to deteriorate. The number of people who can
detect quality problems before the failures they cause, will also get
smaller. Not extinct, but endangered, and we are all endangered by the
quality problems.