[TUHS] Setting up an X Development Environment for Mac OS

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 23:56:51 AEST 2023

Hi josh,

> > Rob Pike wrote of magnetic tapes he had which could no longer be
> > read.  The coating had failed off IIRC.
>
> I think you’re referring to this blog post (which I’ve also previously
> struggled to find): https://commandcenter.blogspot.com/2014/08/prints.html

Thanks, that's what I was thinking of.

   ‘NASA lost a large part of the data collected by the Viking Mars
    missions because the iron oxide fell off the tapes storing the data.
    The same affliction that damaged the Viking tapes also wiped out my
    personal backup archive; I lost the only copy of my computer work
    from the 1970s.’

I first tried DuckDuckGo and Google but I don't think they associate
that site with Cmdr Pike.  I did end up there are checking my list of
RSS feeds and tediously expanded all of the right-hand indexes but
I didn't recall the photography connection and so not ‘prints’ either.

--
Cheers, Ralph.