[TUHS] Child of plan9? (Re: FD 2

Bakul Shah bakul at iitbombay.org
Tue Jan 31 09:05:05 AEST 2023

This wish is perhaps shared by no one else but I'd still love to have a system where the kernel has the clean
architectural lines of plan9 + more good stuff from it, and a Unixy API for many existing programs, perhaps as a shared lib. And I don't want all the heft of BSD or Linux kernels!

Now this may be quite impractical (like trying to make C as safe as Rust) but that is what I want! I just think there is a lot more here that can be explored further.