[TUHS] Some old DECtapes from Dennis Ritchie

Warren Toomey via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Tue Jul 11 10:44:33 AEST 2023

All, way back when, Dennis sent me some DECtape images to look after. I've
put some of them in the Unix Archive (the s1 and s2 tapes) as they contained
Unix source code or binaries. The others I kept aside as they didn't contain
Unix code, or they were potentially sensitive.

Anyway, Angelo Papenhoff asked for any old tapes from the Labs that might
contain fragments of B source code or B binaries. I passed the extra tapes
on to him, and he has found some very interesting nuggets from the time
period when B -> NB -> C.

So, to help provide the context around Angelo's work, I've decided to put
all the tapes that Dennis gave me here:

https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Applications/Dennis_Tapes/

Cheers, Warren