[TUHS] Some old DECtapes from Dennis Ritchie

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 19:21:10 AEST 2023

On Mon, 10 Jul 2023 at 20:44, Warren Toomey via TUHS <tuhs at tuhs.org> wrote:

> All, way back when, Dennis sent me some DECtape images to look after. I've
> put some of them in the Unix Archive (the s1 and s2 tapes) as they
> contained
> Unix source code or binaries. The others I kept aside as they didn't
> contain
> Unix code, or they were potentially sensitive.

I see that this archive contains code for pricing out 11/40 and 11/45
systems, plus options.  This reminds me that I've found several references
to the 11/45 that Research purchased (late 1972/early 1973?) but no
specific details about its configuration.  I presume that it had an RK05 of
some sort but I'm curious about other peripherals and the amount of memory.

-Henry