[TUHS] Cool talk on Unix and Sendmail history, by Eric Allman

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Sat Jul 22 11:48:36 AEST 2023

> A few pics here, not up to my usual level but whatever:
>
> http://mcvoy.com/lm/2019-bsd-bbq/

Hah, that reminds me of an implementation trip I was on once.  They put our "classroom" back in an old warehouse full of all sorts of junk.  Well, one particular week they were doing a bunch of loading/unloading and there was frequently a forklift, keys and all, parked there in this large, tempting warehouse, in the dead of winter in BFE Pennsylvania.  Nothing was done that violated company policy, but then again, can't violate a company policy that doesn't exist in writing :)

Can't say I've ever gotten any projects at work to bite on C, but I've had some moderate success reducing most of our boilerplate templates into m4 macros...just in time for a lull in new work.  We've got a new project starting soon though that I'm excited to finally use it with, maybe I'll finally convert someone else at work to using some UNIX tools.

- Matt G.