[TUHS] Pixel 100/AP UNIX Computer

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Wed Jun 7 17:17:14 AEST 2023

After talking with the folks I bought the recent documents from, they let me know they are also selling a piece of hardware: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125714380860

After the link is an auction for an Instrumentation Laboratory Pixel 100/AP.  A small booklet included with the many documents I received indicates as of 1982 the Pixel 100/AP ran a System III derivative.  The booklet goes on to present a summary of user commands and options.  Despite the System III basis, included among these are the C shell and ex/vi.

I have no room for hardware or honestly at that price point it'd be worth the preservation effort.  Hopefully it finds a good home, it includes an almost complete documentation set save for the small booklet I've got (which could be separate promo material for all I know)

In any case, there were a few letters amongst the documents suggesting the original owner was involved in the production of this system, particularly in the area of OS details.  If I find any noteworthy information I'll pass it along.

- Matt G.

P.S. If anyone knows of a preservation effort accepting new machines I can pass this along.