[TUHS] Software written in B

Angelo Papenhoff aap at papnet.eu
Sat Jun 17 18:19:29 AEST 2023

Update: I'm now done with the first pass of this.
I reversed all the programs and successfully ran them through my
compiler (i haven't assembled or linked anything though).
http://squoze.net/B/programs/

To check for correctness, the files should of course be compiled,
assembled and linked again. Unfortunately my compiler currently
does not generate quite the same code as the original one. I will
have to work on this.
Most importantly & and | are only bitwise operators in the version
of B that compiled these programs, but some other differences (like
the fixup chain and the way strings are stored) exist too.

It would be nice to have a fully working B system on v1/v2 UNIX again,
with everything built from source, we can even reconstruct different
versions of the runtime (and perhaps standard library). So far the
PDP-11 version of my B system has only run on v6 and 2.11BSD.

best,
aap