[TUHS] Fwd: Re: Generational development [was Re: Re: Early GUI on Linux]

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 01:50:43 AEST 2023

And, you know, let's say you have all the time and patience in the world
and you download the source and read it carefully and determine it's not
malicious...

I believe there might have been a lecture/paper about this once.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rdriley/487/papers/Thompson_1984_ReflectionsonTrustingTrust.pdf

(I can just hear them damn kids standing on my lawn chanting "You can't
spell 'trust' without 'rust'!")

I keep trying to give VSCode a go.  It seems really nifty.  And somehow I
keep bouncing off and landing in Emacs, every time.  Maybe when I finally
get around to writing, rather than cargo-culting TypeScript, or Unity/C#,
it'll be a better fit.  But for my current life, which is mostly Python...I
appear to be sticking with Emacs.

Adam