[TUHS] Unix/Linux games [was Re: Early GUI on Linux]

Dr Iain Maoileoin iain at csp-partnership.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 06:24:30 AEST 2023

> On 28 Feb 2023, at 19:45, Ron Natalie <ron at ronnatalie.com> wrote:
>
> We all pretty much started with Adventure (Dungeon, Collosal Cave) whatever you want to call it.
>
> We got Zork later on.
>
> …..

> There was a multiplayer game called “search” that we would play.   Late in the day you’d hear someone yell “Search’s up” and off we go.
Help me here please.  I have been hunting for the source of search for ages.  I want to fly through that universe again - curses and all!

We modified the source of our version at the Uni to make it a bit more Scottish and to include objects that had names based on local lectures/students etc.

My search skills in searching for search have let me down badly.

I would like to get search up on one of my VAXEN and show my staff what a real 80s computer game was about ;-)
Does anybody have any ideas if the source is still extant?

Iain