[TUHS] Unix v7 icheck dup problem

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Mar 2 13:05:45 AEST 2023

On Thu, 2 Mar 2023, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> > I could've sworn that I wrote a paper for AUUGN on that very thing,
> > but I'm damned if I can find it...  Anyone here remember it?  It
> > explained exactly how to use icheck/dcheck/ncheck/clri on a creamed
> > file system (and no, I no longer have the document).
>
> "A Proposal for a Simple Bad Block Utility"
> page 8 of
> https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/AUUGN/AUUGN-V03.5.pdf

Boy, that takes me back!  And I can't believe that I used American
spelling such as "utilizing" etc...

Anyway, that's not the one.  It occurred to me that I wrote it before
AUUGN was published, as all that we had until then were just informal
notes.

Oh well, more CSU history lost (along with our version of V6 which was
almost but not quite V7) :-{

PS: I never did get to write FLAW...

-- Dave