[TUHS] Unix v7 icheck dup problem

Kenneth Goodwin kennethgoodwin56 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 12:05:13 AEST 2023

Anyone remember PFSCK,  aka parallel fsck that fired up multiple parallel
fsck instances, one per filesystem and used bidirectional pipes to pass
commands from the operator to each individual fsck stream.  Cut boot times
down quite a bit on healthy systems.

I believe the filesystem MOUNT table file on ROOT had fields related to
controlling PFSCK behavior

I remember hacking it for some reason related to performance,  But GOK
why......