[TUHS] 'Huge' file support removed from PWB1

Jonathan Gray jsg at jsg.id.au
Thu Mar 9 22:40:38 AEST 2023

removed in PWB/UNIX 1.0.

ifdef'd out in the Harvard/Radcliffe Student Time-sharing System (HRSTS)
parts found in tuhs/Applications/Usenix_77. h/distrib.note includes:

'4.	"Huge" files are not supported by our modifications.  This is not
necessarily a hard restriction, however we early on decided
we wanted no more than one level of indirection all the way up to 1 megabyte,
and had no need for larger files.  The incompatibilities may be minimal,
but we have not even bothered to seek them out.'