[TUHS] UNIX System V Release 2.2 gdts Vax-780

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Mar 15 21:59:47 AEST 2023

    > From: KenUnix

    > This is what is in conf.c:
    > Does this help in determining major/minor number for lp?

Do you see a line in 'cdevsw' for the lpt? (I can't see one.)

While we're talking about SysV, maybe it's time to add the VAX version (and
maybe the 3B2 one too) to the Unix Tree at TUHS, to make it easy to look at? I
know there was at one point a good reson to be hesitant aout so doing, but the
VAX version is now obsolete, and it is available through archive.org:

    https://archive.org/details/ATTUNIXSystemVRelease4Version2

just not in an easy to peruse form.

     Noel