[TUHS] NetBSD turns 30

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 04:27:22 AEST 2023

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 1:57 PM Andy Kosela <akosela at andykosela.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 21, 2023, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know what Chris Demetriou is doing these days? It appears like he is not that much active in the open source community anymore.

He was at Google at least a couple of years ago, when I left. I can't
recall what he was working on; something to do with infrastructure.

> Basically it was him, Theo and Charles Hannum that started NetBSD.
>
> It was a great era. The community at large was definitely much more enthusiastic and idealistic and computers were much more fun to play with -- talking about early 386 PCs and Amigas.
>
> NetBSD, FreeBSD and Linux -- all three great projects that still impact modern computing environments!

In many ways, it was more exciting back then.  In many ways, it's more
exciting now. Computers are pervasive and so much more powerful these
days, but on the other hand, it's so much harder to get things done.

        - Dan C.