[TUHS] UNIX "Machine Layer"

Roderick Bartlett via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Tue May 2 11:15:48 AEST 2023

I believe the async lines were connected to I/O boards in the Front End Processor, AKA the Datanet 66xx.  I don't recall having to change baud rates that way but we did have to do periodic FCOs (field change orders) which required wiring changes and occasional chip changes to correct bugs.  I've still got my hand wire wrap tool somewhere but it hasn't been used in at least 30 years.

 - Rod