[TUHS] BSD question: Kurt Shoens, or Kurt Schoens?

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed May 3 07:50:36 AEST 2023

I did a lookup in the American Mathematical Society database for
Schoens and Shoens; only the latter is found, in this article

	Data sufficiency for queries on cache
	Oded Shmueli and Kurt Shoens
	Information Processing Letters 65(4) 209--216, 27 February 1998
	https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-0190(97)00205-6

The PDF file has "Shoens" as well.

In

	Diomidis Spinellis
	A repository of {Unix} history and evolution
	Empirical Software Engineering 22(3) 1372--1404 June 2017
	https://doi.org/10.1007/s10664-016-9445-5

the article body also has "Shoens".

In the TeX User Group bibliography archives, I find 7 entries
with the spelling "Shoens", and none with "Schoens".

- University of Utah                                                          -