[TUHS] Test, test

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Nov 25 05:41:37 AEST 2023

Will Senn wrote in
 <4d39f7fd-aa85-429b-9276-2c115b5d3d08 at gmail.com>:
 |On 11/24/23 02:16, Hellwig Geisse wrote:
 |> On Thu, 2023-11-23 at 21:58 -0500, Norman Wilson wrote:
 |>> I just don't understand why, if Australia had a Thanksgiving
 |>> Day, they would choose to have it on the same day as the US.
 |>> Does any other country?
 |>>
 |> In Germany it's called "Erntedankfest",
 |> on the first Sunday in October.
 |>
 |> Hellwig
 |Happy belated Erntedankfest :).

 |On 11/24/23 02:16, Hellwig Geisse wrote:
 |
 ||On Thu, 2023-11-23 at 21:58 -0500, Norman Wilson wrote:
 |
 |||I just don't understand why, if Australia had a Thanksgiving
 |||Day, they would choose to have it on the same day as the US.
 |||Does any other country?
 |
 ||In Germany it's called "Erntedankfest",
 ||on the first Sunday in October.
 |
 ||Hellwig
 |
 |Happy belated Erntedankfest :).

Not much no more except in the church, which is not much more
either.  But of course for some.  Ie many put their heart and free
time into social work there.

Regarding Halloween -- i live only about a kilometre, but not much
more (by air) away from Burg Frankenstein (actually a ruin), and
when i was young with all those many, many Americans in the Rhein-
Main-Gebiet (south of Frankfurt/Main .. air base, plus Ramstein
Airbase, plus Spangdahlem, .. and more, all not far away, plus
at least three bases inside Darmstadt where i live itself) they
celebrated that.  Maybe hundred or more busses parking (at
Pfungstadt railway station due to space constraints i'd say).
Unfortunately, now that the Americans are mostly gone, they
started to "eventize" that.  Some money making for "hungry"
students and such, i once passed by an "instruction" of paid ones
via bike (they were "biting" already).

I personally: NO.  'Don't like that, even though it is mayb fun
for the kids.  But unfortunately we all forget our own history,
and that is funny female witches enthusiastically riding their
broom in the night to May 1st, which i find a much more sympathic
and life fostering event.

Of course -- for all you reading this enthusiastic female witches
riding brooms is such a thing of the past that it almost is
forgotten.  [I hope political correctness does not read too much
in that "female", i mean something along those many choices all
the long way to the "male" counterpart.]  But nonetheless, the
vision alone i find much more sympathic.

--steffen