[TUHS] Were any of the commercial unixes source-available?

Joseph Holsten joseph at josephholsten.com
Sun Sep 3 15:19:48 AEST 2023

I’ve been playing around trying to link the OpenSolaris launch commit to various pieces in the Unix History Repository, and it’s making me wonder if we’ll ever have a chance to see the history of the systems.

I’m less concerned about HPUX, AIX and SCO’s offerings since I presume someone has copy inside these companies. But what about A/UX, Irix, Tru64? Did these ever get sold with licenses to source tapes? Are there copies we need to preserve in-camera so something can exist 120 years after creation or whenever copyright expires?

--
Joseph Holsten
http://josephholsten.com
mailto:joseph at josephholsten.com