[TUHS] Current Ownership of 3B/WECo Computer IPs

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Mon Sep 11 12:02:55 AEST 2023

Let me clarify.  A few of us have reached out to various people about
both 3B2 and WE32k information.  The main response them has been it's
still in-use to varying degrees by customers.  I assume through
emulation to keep legacy systems running.  And they cannot release any
details.

The two people that would know the most about the status of that IP is
William Caughlin [1] at the AT&T Archives and Ed Eckert - Archivist at
Nokia Bell Labs.

-Alan

On 2023-09-10 21:35, alan at alanlee.org wrote:

> My understanding is all the WE IP was retained through the
> Alcatel-Lucent mergers and is now owned by Nokia.  That would include
> all the 3Bx systems and WE32k.
>
> -A

Links:
------