[TUHS] The AWK Programming Language, 2nd Ed.: What's new?

Warren Toomey via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Sat Sep 16 06:17:16 AEST 2023

On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 05:09:14AM -0400, KenUnix wrote:
>    Yes. I normally keep quiet but what does transgender flags have to do
>    with AWK or Unix??
>    Let's at least stay with what the purpose of this group is.
>    -Ken

I rarely weigh in on things, but I think this one is important.

The history of Unix is not just of the technology, but also of the
people involved, their successes and travails, and the communities
that they built. Mary Ann referenced a book about her life and
journey in her e-mail's .sig. She is a very important figure in the
history of Unix and I think her .sig is entirely relevant to TUHS.

Cheers, Warren