[TUHS] UNIX 4.0 Typesetter Docs on eBay

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Wed Sep 20 01:41:23 AEST 2023

Howdy all, just passing along this auction I spotted on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/256216372208

This is a subset of papers from the Documents for UNIX 4.0 set compiled as a handy volume (and likely a forerunner to the packaged volumes released with System V.)  Missing is the Typing Documents with MM pamphlet which is listed in the TOC of these issues.  I've already got one of these or I'd scoop it up myself. Enjoy!

- Matt G.

P.S. I have seen this and its companion document (Programming Starter Package) with the AT&T deathstar in the upper right rather than Bell Labs and the Bell logo.  What I don't know is if it's an exact repackaging just with a change in logo or if those versions have revisions to any of the papers.  Most notably as far as version association, the Programming Starter Package includes the Documentation Roadmap, which in my Bell Labs-branded copy, indicates it is for use with UNIX 4.0.  I'd be curious if the AT&T variant retains the UNIX 4.0 reference.  I'll continue to keep my eye out for an AT&T-branded set, it might reveal some differences.