[TUHS] Project Idea: The UNIX Programmer's Manual: Heritage Edition

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 23:08:19 AEST 2023

One of the things I liked about Mark Rochkind's original "Advanced UNIX
Programming" book was that he not only provided examples of what to do, but
also examples of what NOT to do, like failing to close the write end of a
pipe in a child that expects to read input. I'm not sure manual pages are
the right place for this sort of thing, but it certainly is valuable.