[TUHS] Fred Grampp

Brian Walden tuhs at cuzuco.com
Sun Jan 7 09:15:59 AEST 2024

This isn't directly UNIX related, and yes, the thread is 3 years old.  But since it made national news last night, probably due to its proximity to Newark Airport.  The enormous fire in Elizabeth, NJ, I recognized in the local news as the old Singer factory.  That factory was the catalyst that linked me into finding out more on Fred Grampp, and his ancestry.

Here's a non-paywalled link that also mentions it is indeed the old Singer factory:  https://newjersey.news12.com/elizabeth-nj-fire-industrial-building