[TUHS] Original print of V7 manual?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Jan 11 03:45:53 AEST 2024

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 11:53 AM Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:

> My 16th printing of the 1978 K&R C book says:

Thanks for the idea.   I went to the bookshelf.  I had not thought to do
that to see what the book would tell us -- duh.

FWIW:  I have two copies of the '78 edition (K&R1) that has a naked 3, and
the second one has 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 - but still has a CMU Book
Store sticker on its back saying it was $10.95 ;-)   [I used to keep one in
my office and one at home].

So yes, it was set on the GSI C/A/T system, and I'm guessing the 3rd set
was the first one that was actually sent to the printers.
I wish I still had the copies of the proofs from Ted.

ᐧ