[TUHS] Original print of V7 manual? / My own version of troff

G. Branden Robinson g.branden.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 23:27:32 AEST 2024

Hi Mychaela,

At 2024-01-17T23:00:14-0800, Mychaela Falconia wrote:
> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/att/unix/7th_Edition/UNIX_Programmers_Manual_Seventh_Edition_January_1979_Volume_2A_SRI_Reprint_June_1980.pdf
>
> 2) Page 235 of:
>
> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/att/unix/7th_Edition/UNIX_Programmers_Manual_Seventh_Edition_Vol_2_1983.pdf
>
> 3) Page 239 of:
>
> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/att/unix/7th_Edition/VA-004A_UNIX_Programmers_Manual_Edition_Seven_Volume_2A_197901.pdf
>
> 4) Page 499 of:
>
> https://archive.org/details/uum-supplement-4.2bsd
>
> Question to Branden: the scan you are referring to as "my scan", how
> does it compare to the 4 I just linked above?

By "my scan", I meant "the copy of the scan I happen to have handy",
rather than one I'd done myself.  What I had handy was the same as your
#2, above.

> If your scan has better quality than all 4 versions I linked above,
> can you please make it public?

Sorry to disappoint.  Thanks for all these links, though!  More people
should familiarize themselves with Volume 2 of the Seventh Edition
Manual, and I hope they will.

Regards,
Branden