[TUHS] What do you currently use for your primary OS at home?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Mar 8 06:25:02 AEST 2024

Started off with CP/M, then switched to BSD/OS (giving Windoze a miss)
when I decided that I wanted a Unix box at home.

When WinDriver bought them and shut them down, I switched to FreeBSD
(which is still my server); I use an old MacBook Pro for web/graphics/etc,
with multiple SSH windows into the server.

No time for Penguin/OS; I don't like the way that it shoves all 3rd-party
stuff into /usr/bin etc (those are system directories, but is typical of
the rank amateurism of penguins), nor the attitude of the users who deny
the very existence of non-Penguin POSIX systems that were around for
decades beforehand.

-- Dave